10 interesting facts about string bag
1. In ancient times before perestroika nine out of ten string bags were woven by blind people at the enterprises of the all-Russian society of the blind.
2. Retro - bags were woven not only from rope, twine, but even from metal wire.
3. A traditional string bag consists of fourteen rows of twenty-four cells each.
4. String bag is completely ecological product. It consists of natural cotton materials. Its uniform fabric composition without impurities allows you to pass bags for recycling as textiles.
5. One bag can replace about 200 plastic bags and save money. The benefits are enormous. If we take into account the cost of the package (5 rubles), multiply by the number of trips to the store (about 25), then we spend 125 rubles per package per month, and 1,500 rubles per year.
6. String bags have a high carrying capacity, capable of holding more than 70 kg.
7. Such bag was invented in the early nineteenth century in Czech Republic. It became a very necessary "device" in Soviet times.
8. In Western Europe, the bag-mesh was called a “string bag” or “fishnet bag”. From there came the fashion for such products
9. For the first time the word “string bag” was voiced in his monologue by the famous comedian Arkady Raikin.
10. The most expensive fishnet bag costs $ 5450. Its creator is the famous French clothing brand Vetements, it presented a whole collection of bags called “Grandma's Bag”.